Welcome to Z-Wave Plus.
Z-Wave has been around a lot longer than you may think. In fact, the first Z-Wave product was certified way back in 2004. For the most part, the basic building blocks of Z-Wave have not changed much in the last 13 years... until now.
With the introduction of the new "Next-Gen" Z-Wave 500 Series chipset, Z-Wave has significantly improved and extended its capabilities - Including... increased range, extended battery life, Over The Air upgrading (OTA), additional RF channels and more...
Main advantages of Z-Wave Plus.
- Significant increased wireless range - now up to 45m (clear air).
- 50% improvement in battery life.
- 250% more wireless bandwidth.
- New Plug-n-Play Network-Wide Inclusion feature.
- Improved self-healing and fault tolerance using the new Explorer Frame System.
- Standardised method for Over the Air firmware updates (OTA).
- Improved product information capture for product certification database.
Will Z-Wave Plus products work with older Z-Wave technology?
Yes. Z-Wave Plus is fully backwards compatible with existing Z-Wave products.