INSTEON Hub Pro with Apple HomeKit integration - Coming soon to smart home.com.au
PRESS RELEASE - Las Vegas – Consumer Electronics Show
INSTEON announces new Hub Pro with Apple HomeKit integration
INSTEON, creators of the world’s premier home automation and control technology, today announced a new Insteon App supporting Apple HomeKit technology for home management. With the HomeKit-enabled Insteon App, users can control any HomeKit-enabled device, regardless of brand or product type. Insteon is also offering a new HomeKit-enabled Insteon Hub, which brings Insteon switches, outlets, thermostats, and light bulbs into the HomeKit ecosystem.
HomeKit delivers a common protocol, secure pairing and the ability to easily control individual or groups of products throughout the house including integration with Siri®, Apple’s personal voice assistant. With HomeKit, you can create scenarios to direct Siri, such as “Bedtime, Siri,” that would dim the lights, lock the doors, close the garage door and set the thermostat.
The new Insteon App will work with all HomeKit-enabled products from various manufacturers and protocols, providing a simple, singular method for consumers to control connected smart home devices.
INSTEON Hub Pro:
- Control HomeKit-enabled lights, door locks, color-changing bulbs, garage door openers, thermostats and any other HomeKit-enabled products
- Control Insteon switches, outlets, thermostats and more when paired with the HomeKit-enabled
- Easily add devices with just a tap
- Create and manage rooms, zones and even multiple houses
- Schedule scenes and set repeats for day, week or date
- Dashboard view for quick visibility and control
- Quickly create powerful scenes that adjust multiple devices
“We’re thrilled to launch our HomeKit-enabled Insteon App and Insteon Hub. This brings together more products from more manufacturers under a single platform than we’ve ever seen,” said Joe Dada, CEO, Insteon. “Support for HomeKit technology for home management will allow us to provide a simple and easy experience for our customers, with the ability to securely pair and control devices throughout the house including integration with Siri.”