"Alexa, turn on the lounge room light."
The future is here... now.
Echo Dot can hear you from across the room, even while music is playing. When you want to use Echo Dot, just say the wake word "Alexa" and Dot responds instantly.
If you have more than one Echo, Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo you're closest to using ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
Watch the video.
Control your smart home.
Use Echo Dot to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed or dim the lights to watch a movie—all without lifting a finger...or raising your voice.
With more compatible devices and systems coming soon.
From our exclusive SmartHome Blog...
Control your music.
Echo Dot provides hands-free voice control of your music — just ask Alexa to fetch your favourite song or playlist.
Echo Dot currently works with Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio and TuneIn.
Echo Dot has Skills.
Alexa — the brain behind Echo Dot — is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. The more you use Dot, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Echo Dot is always connected, updates are delivered automatically.
Just in the last few months alone, Alexa has learnt thousands of new skills from third-party developers - and it keeps getting smarter everyday.
(Not all of Echo Dot's Skills will work here in Australia and New Zealand.)
Place it anywhere.
A sleek and compact design makes Echo Dot a convenient addition to any room in your home or office. With its built-in speaker, you can place Dot in the bedroom and use it as a smart alarm clock that can also turn off your lights. Or use Dot in the kitchen to easily set timers, look up recipes or play music - using just your voice.
The choice is yours.
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming and enhanced noise-cancellation technology. With a more powerful processor, the all-new Echo Dot has improved wake-word performance to hear you ask a question from any direction — even in noisy environments or while playing music.
When you want to use Echo Dot, simply say the wake word, "Alexa," and Dot lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognise and respond to your request instantly.
Easy and intuitive.
With the free Alexa App on Android, iOS and desktop browsers, you can easily setup and manage your Echo Dot.
Use the Alexa App to connect services you already use like Spotify, Pandora and Google Calendar. Setup your smart home devices from Philips Hue to Z-Wave using the Vera Controller. View shopping and to-do lists while on the go. Control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and much more. The Alexa App is also where you discover third-party Skills.
The finer details
Please note: This is a parallel import from the USA - SmartHome is not affiliated with Amazon.
We ship from our Australian warehouse and provide full local warranty and support.
- Size: 32 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm.
- Weight: 163 grams.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
- Audio: Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included).
- System Requirements: Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser. Certain skills and services may require subscription or other fees. Some Skills will not be available in Australia or New Zealand.
- What's included: Echo Dot, power adapter (9W), Micro-USB cable, Quick Start Guide and power adaptor converter from US to AU/NZ.
|Name||Amazon Echo Dot (V2)|
|Warranty||12 Months (+ Free 12 month extended warranty)|
Value Quality PerformanceNateon 19/04/2017Using this with the vera edge for voice control of my z-wave system. Sometimes it gets the Aussie accent wrong. For the most part it works great. Recommended.