If you haven’t met Amazon Alexa yet, allow me to introduce you to the best voice assistant (sorry Google) on planet earth right now. With Amazon Alexa hands-free, voice-controlled devices with built-in speaker, you can play music, control smart home devices, ask questions, read the news, set alarms, yada, yada, yada. It’s pretty damn awesome.
I have mine hooked up to my Spotify account, and it makes it so much easier to ask Alexa to change songs when you’re in the kitchen up to your elbows in pasta dough! I thought it would be fun to take a look at one of the more ‘entertaining’ features of Amazon Alexa. Try asking Alexa the following 20 questions next time you have your mates over…
- Alexa, what’s the first rule of Fight Club?
- Alexa, why did the chicken cross the road?
- Alexa, Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
- Alexa, never gonna give you up.
- Alexa, do you want to build a snowman?
- Alexa, what’s the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
- Alexa, who’s better, you or Siri?
- Alexa, may the force be with you.
- Alexa, knock, knock.
- Alexa, rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.
- Alexa, how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Alexa, give me a kiss.
- Alexa, say a bad word
- Alexa, do you believe in love at first sight?
- Alexa, elementary, my dear Watson
- Alexa, to be or not to be
- Alexa, these aren’t the droids you’re looking for
- Alexa, show me the money!
- Alexa, who you gonna call?
- Alexa, who’s on first?
Bonus geeky fun!
Did you know you can change the “wake” word from “Alexa” to “Computer”? To boldly go where no man (sorry, person) has gone before…
Open the Alexa app and select “Settings”. Now select your Amazon Echo device and then choose “Computer” from the “Wake Word” drop-down list.