Apple Siri voice control
If you are not familiar with the Apple Shortcuts app, it’s time to make yourself aquatinted… it is awesome! This ingenious app comes pre-installed on your iOS device, but you may have accidentally uninstalled it to free up space at some point. To get it back, all you have to do is go to the App Store and search for it (Shortcuts) and re-install.
Using the Shortcuts app, we can trigger Fibaro Scenes using Siri voice control – and it’s easy…
1. Open the Apple Shortcuts app.
2. Select the “Plus Icon” in the top right corner.
3. Select “Add Action”.
4. Type “Fibaro” into the search field and then select your desired “Scene”.
5. If you like, rename your Shortcut (remembering this is what you will say to Siri to trigger the scene).
6. Now when you say… “Hey Siri, dinner time” (insert your Shortcut name), the Fibaro scene will run.
It is worth giving some thought to what you name your Shortcuts, as this is what you will need to say to Siri to trigger them. That’s all there is to it. You can create as many Shortcuts to control your Fibaro Scenes as you like. Have fun 🙂